Purpose On Tap | March 2019
Last week we had the privilege of hearing from Pastor Léonce Crump Jr. He slam dunked it! If you were able to look past the face he played for the New Orleans Saints (Rise Up!), he shared an incredible message around his struggle wrapping his identity up in his success as an athlete in the NFL and his transition into finding his identity in Christ.
Here are a few highlights
1) Your are not the sum of what you produce and your measure of worth is not tied to what you have made, but who made you.
2) Who we are becomes the source of what we do versus - what we do becoming the source of who we are.
3) What are the warning signs that we may be defining ourselves by what we do. Léonce is the leading Pastor of a growing & thriving Church and still struggles with this!
- We are overworked & have stopped resting. Jesus took naps, we need to do as well!
- Do you have a sense of un-redemptive competitiveness
If you feel you are becoming isolated
4) There isn't necessarily work/life balance. But there can definitely be a rhythm.
5) Léonce's favorite verses for encouragement are Proverbs 3:5-6, Ephesians 2:8-10, Colossians 3:11, and Revelations 21:1-6.
We look forward to seeing everyone on April 3rd, we will hear from Kyle Pease, a recent Ironman World Champion!!