Purpose On Tap | April 2019
Wow! Wednesday night we got to hear Ironman World Champion Kyle Pease share his story and how God is using him to do amazing things. He has an incredible perspective on life and his attitude is contagious. Here are a few thoughts he shared with us.
1) We are all going through something (Kyle suffers from Spastic Quadriplegic Cerebral Palsy) and life is hard for everyone, but "can't" is not a word. One of Kyle’s favorite books is The Little Engine that could. In his dark moments, he repeats the phrase "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can".
2) He encouraged us to be real with Christ. God deserves the truth. If you are angry with God, you can yell! If you are frustrated, let Him know. But also make sure to rejoice and share your Joy with God.
3) Even when you don’t think you are at your best, you are because of Christs love.
4) Kyle tries to live every day with the hope of showering others with Grace and Love and challenged all of us to do the same. He does this knowing that Christ will validate his actions, and it show he wants to live his life until he crosses the eternal finish line.
5) Lastly, Kyle and his brother Brent have started a foundation, https://www.kylepeasefoundation.org/ , and this provides an opportunity for all men and women to experience the joy of crossing a finish line. Please explore opportunities on how to get involved by either helping an athlete physically or financially.